As of the June 16 School Board Meeting –
The Governor’s budget called for reductions of $219/student in the current 2008/09 school year or $7,296,246 and reductions of $353/student or $11,699,574 in 2009/10 and beyond. After this, the Governor announced a 65% reduction to transportation resulting in the loss of another $1,832,000 per year. This loss of funding required a reduction of the budget for the next three years by over $43million.
Cuts include the follow:
- Loss of class-size reduction in grades 1-3 and 9th grade math and english
- Loss of 4th grade music
- Loss of 5th grade music beginning 2010-11 school year
- Loss of middle and high school librarians
- Loss of all high school sports funding
- Loss of one VP at every high school
- Loss of favorite teachers
- and much more…..